Welcome to Writing Across the Curriculum at
George Mason University!
These are the services that we provide:
- Support for faculty writing instructors across the curriculum
- Consultations, workshops, and resources for teachers of writing in all disciplines
- Coordination of “Writing Intensive” (WI) courses
- Research on writing in the disciplines
- Assessment of writing courses across Mason
Please visit our Facebook, Twitter, and The Writing Campus blog pages for current news and activities from Mason WAC!
- September 2014: AND AGAIN! For the 13th year in a row, Mason is one of only 11 schools on the U.S. News & World Report best-of list for Writing in the Disciplines. Ranked alongside programs at Harvard, Princeton, and Duke Universities, Mason WAC is proud to be recognized for its contributions to writing excellence. News story here.
- July 14, 2014: WAC Director Michelle LaFrance and English faculty member Steven J. Corbett are featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education! “A 21st-Century Attendance Policy” explores how to take roll in college classes.
- June 2014: We live-blogged the International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota! Please take a look at some highlights on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
- September 2013: Take a look at WAC Director Michelle LaFrance’s recent coauthored article in The Chronicle of Higher Education: “It’s the Little Things That Count in Teaching.”
MULTILINGUAL WRITING SUMMIT: Workshops on Supporting Multilingual Writers
Date: January 23, 2015
Location: SUB I, room 1508
More details to come soon!
Sessions with Karyn Mallet & Anna Habib (presenting on Principles of Working with Multilingual Writers and Feedback Strategies) and Julie Stoll (presenting on Verbal Correction Strategies). For more information and instructions on how to find SUB I, 1508, click here!
FACULTY WRITING RETREAT
Date: January 7-8, 2015
Time: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Need to get started or make headway on a writing project before the next semester begins? This two-day retreat offers uninterrupted work time, a distraction-free work place, a supportive and collegial community of peers, and sessions on the habits of mind and resources that support writing productivity. Accepted faculty members: please click here to sign up for your small groups!